I’m really happy to announce a special course that I’ll be offering in my studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn beginning on July 5, 2023. This course will be open to four students and will cover the fundamentals of Ableton Live 11. In this course we’ will go over the following:
- The Basics of the Ableton Interface and Basic Workflow
- Ableton’s Drum Rack and Beat Building in Ableton Live
- Warping in Ableton Live
- An Introduction To Ableton’s Analog and Drift Instruments and the Basics of Analog Synthesis
- An Introduction To Ableton’s Operator Instrument and the Basics of FM Synthesis
- An Introduction To Ableton’s Sampler and Simpler Instruments and The Basics of Sample-Based Synthesis
- An Introduction to Ableton’s Wavetable Instrument
- Recording Audio – Vocals and Instruments
- An Introduction To Ableton’s Audio and MIDI Effects
- Finishing A Track In Ableton Live
- Using Ableton’s Racks
- The Basics of Setting Up A Live Performance In Ableton Live
- Using Ableton Live As A Visual Platform
The goal of the course will be for students to complete a track in Ableton Live. It’s based on the courses that I’ve designed for NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music and The Juilliard School.
For more info and to sign up, go to the course page at the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory.